“This simple vegan garlic sauce can be made with only 3 ingredients! It’s extremely versatile, and goes well with just about anything . Add it to any dish to elevate it’s flavor profile.”
Garlic sauce with a punch!
Garlic sauce…Oh how much we love it! What if I told you that you can make a simple creamy garlic sauce at home, without any dairy and only 3 ingredients! Sounds easy right!? That’s because it is, and it can be made in just under 1o minutes!
This sauce was first created for EL Colmadito. It is one of the fabulous vegan sauces we offer to compliment our street food menu. Every Latino loves a good flavorful mojo sauce, but most of them have dairy in them. This one is 100% dairy-free and 100% plant-based. This garlic sauce is simple to make, and you probably already have all of the ingredients you need for it in your kitchen.
What can I use this garlic mojo on?
Honestly, the answer to this question is simple, use it on absolutely everything! I Like to add it to a green salad, bbq, sandwiches, grilled veggies, or pizza, the combinations are genuinely endless. Hubby likes to add this sauce to his eggs, sauteed mushrooms, and practically everything he eats. If it’s in the fridge, he’s using it. This garlic sauce truly is that versatile!
At El Colmadito we drizzle it over most of our dishes including our Arroz y habichuelas con coco. I also use it as a dip for my vegan chicharrón de Pollo. If you haven’t seen this recipe, go give it a try! It’s a fantastic, super easy, and delicious alternative!
“To keep your sauce fresh, store it in a container or squeeze bottle for up to 2 weeks in your fridge.”
Check out my garlic sauce recipe, and don’t be shy to experiment and drizzle it over your dishes!
While you’re here, have a look at some of my other vegan recipes including:
El colmadito's mighty mojo sauce- garlic sauce
- 270 Grams Vegan mayonnaise
- 4 Cloves Of garlic (3 cloves if you prefer a less garlic taste)
- ⅓ Cup Water
- ¼ Cup Olive oil
- ½ TSP salt
- Prep the garlic:1. Peel the garlic.2. Cut the clove in half and remove the core, then toss the core. The core will either be white or green depending on how mature your garlic is. This part is quite strong and will overpower your sauce.
- Add the garlic cloves, salt, and water to the blender. Blend until the mixture is fully emulsified.
- Add the mayonnaise to the blender and pulse until fully combined. The mixture will be quite runny
- Slowly add the olive oil to the mixture while also pulsing until combined.
- Once fully combined. Blend on high for a couple of seconds. This will thicken the sauce. Be sure not to over blend as the sauce will break.
- Pour the sauce through the sieve to eliminate any garlic pieces that may remain, then into a container for storage and DONE!!
- Removing the core from the garlic clove eliminates that overbearing garlic smell and taste from your sauce, while still having a strong garlic flavor.
- If you want more of a garlic taste use 5 garlic cloves, if you want a very mild garlic flavor use 3 cloves of garlic.
- When blending, use the pulse function to carefully monitor your sauce, especially when adding the oil. If you add the oil too fast or all at once, the oil will sit on top and cause the sauce to break when blended.
- Feel free to use pre-packaged garlic cloves. I have tried this recipe with them, and they definitely work! However, note that these garlic cloves aren't as fresh and have less potency. You may want to double the number of garlic cloves.
- Store in a squeeze bottle or container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Do not freeze.